The University provides staff and their guests with a number of means to access the internet using either their own or the University's computers.
- Campus Network
- Connecting away from UWA
- Wireless access is available on campus from many locations.
- Your computer, whether desktop or laptop, and its connection to the network and internet in your business area's building are managed by your local IT support.
- How to connect laptops to the wired and wireless networks on campus.
- Lecture theatres
- How to connect to the network from within UWA Lecture Theatres.
- Library buildings
- Most UWA library buildings have computers available for internet access, as well as wireless and wired access for laptops. Most Subject Libraries also have facilities to allow Staff to connect their own laptops or mobile computing devices to the network.
Back to top
Connecting away from UWA
Many UWA resources are available through any internet connection. However, it is necessary to restrict access to some resources to UWA staff and students only.
You can access these systems when not at UWA:
- This makes a different type of connection to the UWA network and may be required to access restricted UWA systems.
- eduroam allows UWA staff to use their UWA Pheme credentials to access the internet and connect to resources at UWA when visiting participating institutions worldwide.
Faculties, Schools and business units may provide other resource that you can access remotely. Contact your local IT support for further information.
Back to top